Friday, February 06, 2009

From student to welder~


As you can see.. the job of the welder is pretty glamourous. All the bright lights in your face is as close to heaven as u can get. Actually not really la.

I hand my first hands on with an electrode and I did my first welding on a piece of metal block. It was much more difficult than I thought. You gotta put a black UV shield to prevent your eyes from arc eye, a condition where u get temporary blindness. My senior superintendent had that many times. Kinda scary at first thought.

So I was like a kid playing with adult toys. It was pretty fun and neat. Just that the fumes a bit toxic la. To all the bangalas who happen to read this blog, I want you to know that I respect you tremendously and for all the hard work u put in. Leaving your family and wives behind is something many wouldn't do.

So apart from that, I gotta know the foreman and chargehands well. They all have like 25 over years of experience on average la! So getting their respect and trust from the worker to the manager is something that I gotta learn over time.

Alrighty, I'm going to church for dialect practice. If u need to permamently seal up your furniture or something with some hot stuff, you know who you can call la...

Better not be me.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Rent Movie Online