Thursday, February 05, 2009

Oil rigs and Superintendents~






Hey folks.. My first week at the shipyard has started!~ And for that, here's a totally random picture of my CNY dinner with Benedict and Collin John. It was awesome =)

It's an absolute mindblower.. for the past few days that have passed like a sneeze. But one concern is that walking around a shipyad is like walking around a landmine. You gotta keep ur head up and look out for yourself with every single step.

I don't really know much abt my direct boss, but from the looks of it, he's looks like one heck of a cool dude. Easy to relate to with no airs, he made me feel so at home with my singlish. And talk quite a bit of stuff that got me thinking.

My colleagues... man, i think it's one whole generation of welding superintendents that never quit their job for like 35 over years. I got to know my mentor... 37 yrs! But the record has to go to this chargehand (aka welding sergeant?) who worked there for 39 yrs! What do they see in this section that they wanna glue their entire lives in this environment? Wha lau, I can be their son liao lar. So working with lao jiaos (aka old birds), make sure u know where u stand as a trainee and a young man.

I really wanna know why they stayed so long, and i think i got a bit of a clue. But that's for u to call me and find out. hahah!!


I'm just pretty much happy to learn all the new stuff going around the yard, like a new kid getting his toys in christmas. Oh yeah man, those toys are worth $200 million each. So I just got one simple piece of advice before i rest my limp body..


When u buy an oil rig, make sure you know how to use it.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Rent Movie Online