Sunday, January 25, 2009

My appreciations and gratitudes

I'm just thinking back, 7 days from CNY.. I will be on my first job as a welding engineer. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful opportunity to work in one of the busiest companies in the offshore industry. It'll be a outdoor work kinda stuff, supervising and planning and making sure no cock ups happen before we knock off. My first job after months and months of restless searching and lazing at home. It's time to go out and get rough n' tough.

To Lester Phong, if you're reading this, you're in for a great treat. If it weren't for u, there wouldn't be this. To my lab mate whom I work with illegally till the wee hours of the morning, here's a tribute to you and many more =)

Just to recap, he was the one who forward my name to the commissioning department, and i got a reply just the day after for an interview. Despite my weird engineering background (materials engineering is still very unheard of), the interviewers were very soft on me and there was no issue on my Degree. The second and third interviews followed, and I found myself with a job as a commissioning engineer by the end of november. However, something interesting happened in the third interview..

It was an interview with none other than the second man of The Company himself, Mr Wong Kok Seng. I could remember his name so clearly because my name is Wong Kwan Seng. He was an operations director, and after reviewing my profile, He thought I was more suited to be a welding engineer. I was like.. this is so materials science, I would love it man! And I told him "I would also be open to your suggestion.." And I never expect to land a position in that field which is also dream job I would look for, and even better, to put what i learn in school to good use.

I've passed the medical 3 weeks ago, and i'm in the clean bill of health for the job. Thank God for my still perfect eyesight, and incredibly, perfect hearing after so much abuse from Walkman and drumming.

To the nurse who attended to me that day, thank you for not jabbing my already swollen arm for any blood tests.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Rent Movie Online