Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Depths of Your Love~

Never thought I would be blogging again within the next 24 hours. I guess when u finished your dinner with an old friend in school, and u meet another friend who offers his password to access a computer, you get a new blog entry done in NTU.

Going back to university has always been exciting. I can't explain why. It always feels like I'm at liberty to do anything I want and get away with any naughty thing I do. But more than that, I think I conquered many issues and become the better person I am in uni. Its abit like parading in your former youth and remembering your victories. In the way I think, and in the way I treat people.. I would do it again once more if I have the chance, but with monthly salary =)

Recently my friend reminded me about something called "depths of a love". There wasn't much of a concept to it apart from a mere mention, but it got me thinking alittle bit. To the extent we love someone or something, you find yourself changing in bits and ways to keep the love burning.

The more you invest your life in it, it's only natural to develop a greater affection. It could be our job, our pet project, our love life, and even ourselves. You can never love yourself lesser than others and other things. Self-love and self-appreciation is where your self-esteem and convictions are rooted upon.

If we can't accept ourselves for who we are, then nobody will accept us for who we try to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my former days as a NJC student, I was the very person I knew I wasn't. Struggling with self-esteem was the bigger issue than handling my A levels. If i only knew who I was and who loved me above all else, I would be spared the great depression that wrapped my soul and eaten part of my youth.

So for the educator who is reading this or those who have direct influence to troubled folks, let them know you care. Don't bootlick him, but let him know you'll be there when he screws up. Tell her you will be looking out for her and remembering her in prayer. Help him find the warrior within him that he has been waiting for. Show her a path that many wouldn't take and walk it down with her. You will not be remembered for the many things you said, but for the legacy that would be ingrained in them via their victories or self image.

And so there was this one man that did just that, and 23000 people saw their lives changed radically, and created a revolution of love and sacrifice onto others.

I am the chess player I am today because of a kind word by a senior in my sec school days. I am the drummer I am today because of a great teacher that believe I could be and will be. I am a university graduate today because of my parent's love. I am a loyal person today because of the friends that stood by me. I am the Gabriel today because of a Man that showed me who I loved to be.

If words could frame your world, frame the lives of others for those who have no strength to even pick their frames up.

~Gabb~

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Rent Movie Online