Friday, April 03, 2009

Philosophy and rubbish~

Hey folks, it's been sometime since I wrote something that made sense to you all. I just got home and have some time to blog some of my precious thoughts. And by demand, I will put some pictures for ur interpretations. Next time I will use a chalk to illustrate what happens in my work.. haha! Next blog entry!

It's been a season where I'm stretched in my physical and mental capacity. I've been climbing alot of ladders and scaffolds, and one might say that it's really tiring. As much as I like to climb and crawl and get dirty, it's another thing to keep watching over your back and making sure that you do not get into the line of danger. There's always an Ah-Neh near you that's grinding steel or welding joints.

To all you Ah-Nehs and Bayas, as much as I have to be firm with you all, I have a tremendous respect for your capacity to do what you all do. You are willing to risk your health and sacrifice to provide for your families back in India. I guess the road to Singapore has been a rough one for most of you all, and I really hope you all go home in one piece. FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES PLEASE.

Going into confined spaces is fine with me, I dun really mind the heat and sweat. Today, my superintendent and the bangala band entered a tank which is very small. About 1/10 the size of a bus. It's hot, sweaty, very bright, and very noisy with all the grinding noises. To make it worse, there was a small quarrel inside on whose job is whose. When I got out of the tank, it was as if i came out from a shower. The only thing is that it was just totally the opposite.

Being out from NS hating this kinda of life, I wondered how I could bear with such a job at times. I believe our sense of responsibility over our job, life, and the lives of others, compounds us to do the very thing that demands sacrifice. And responsibility has to count for something in changing us from students to future leaders, and mature parents.

Assuming responsibility in a task puts us in a position of influence. It is a silent scream that broadcasts to this world of the backbone we have, and what we can give to others even when its inconvenient. Responsibility makes us the loving husbands we are, and capable parents we can be. Responsibility provokes the brave to stand in the gap for others when he sees injustice and suffering. Responsibility is a committment to love, cherish and honour. Responsbility recounciles and restores.

When I was young, my mum would use to tell me of how bad my working life would be without a good education. I would be working under the sun, and sweating like mad. She would always encourage me to study hard so I would be none of that. Its an irony that even with a degree in Materials Engineering, I find myself doing the very things my mum said it wouldn't happen. I find it very amusing sometimes. Despite the imperfections of our parents, they are always there to support us and give us the best life, and show us the way to lead the best life ourselves..

Just some thoughts for you to chew on. I leave you with a song from the Jerry Maguire soundtrack. Very touching song, with a very touching dialogue. All it takes is 4 chords to give you that lovely dovey feeling. That's the power of music, there's no escaping it when it touches your heart.

Ok, enough philosophy. I should embark on writing a thesis for a PhD. For all you PhD students, I still think you all are crazy, and you all make better bloggers than me.

Oh yeah, pictures another time la! Maybe a few...


This is the CNY Dialect band from City Harvest! As you can see, we are really just a bunch of happy people serving God with our time and talents. The plastic smiles are priceless.



Collin just started a new company and he started his humble advertising beginnings by putting a cardboard box just outside his house. You're the man. Be thankful that a dog didn't peed on it. Put it somewhere else la!

Ok folks, till we meet again, which is soon i promise.
Tag the board and show some love man! =)

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Rent Movie Online