Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's funny how so many of my appointments get cancelled this week. I couldn't even keep count. 2 appointments at the same time got cancelled. Then some cluttered up having me to choose. This is nothing short of a bizzare week.

Anyway, some weeks back, I went to Jurong Point to have a meal before going to a studio. So being alone, I left my bag on a chair and walked off. OF COURSE, I knew the dangers of keeping a bag there, but I have no choice, and I constantly looked at my bag even as I was ordering my food. So as I went to order my noodles, I turned my head for a few seconds to pay, and to my horror, as I turned back, my bag was gone!

Some old man in short pants stole my bag! That guy has been standing next to my seat all along, and he was watching me... That sly fox... given a chance I would have lit his tail on fire. Anyway, I left my Lam's noodles on the table under the not so loving care of a girl who keep telling me she din see anything. And I took off...

It was the first time I sweat it out at a place different from a running track, I've run the complex twice, but I couldn't spot the guy. Inside contains all my exam material and studio keys, I lose it means I fail the exam. That simple.. And I was crying out to God, get my bag back, even as I prayed, I knew it would take one big miracle to get it back.

So at my wits end, I hung around Coffee bean, and I saw 2 policemen. Cut the story short, my bag got lost at 6.30pm. Report filed at 7.30pm. And somehow, after the ordeal, I went back into the shopping centre hoping against hope, praying. And I took a turn up to the escalator... and to my amazement....

I SAW A POLICEMAN HOLDING MY BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was totally blown away... I couldn't believe it. I told the officer..."sir, that's my bag!" and I showed him my investigation card. For the next few moments, 4 to 5 policemen gathered ard me, and I was made to look like a bad guy as i scanned through my bag.

I lost my bag at 6.30pm, prayed like never before, and I got back my bag just before 8.30pm. My bag was recovered in less than 2 hours. You think it's a coincidence? I really don't think so. To lose a bag in JP is like dropping your teeth in the deep blue sea.. you can hardly find it. If anything, that's the miraculous power of prayer.

Today, my bag lies beside me safely, and it is a wonderful testimony of how exciting a christian walk can be. God believes in the miraculous and impossible. Parting the red sea was as simple as sneezing to Him, what so my bag. Think about it.

I've learnt several things apart from being less careless:

1. Lam's noodles served cold taste bad.
2. Running in the shopping complex still makes u sweat, even if it has aircon.
3. A policeman holds the pen and paper more than their pistols.
4. When the thief saw my bible in my bag, he's probably intimidated by it.

No comments:

Web Site Counters
Rent Movie Online