Wednesday, July 12, 2006


Hi guys, haven't really been posting stuff up in a very long while, and I thought it would be great to share with you guys what's on my heart for the past few weeks! IF you want to read la of course... it's full of yabadaba crap of crapping crap.

First and foremost, this whole month of June has been bittersweet for me. It's like no June on earth for me since I got born. I was busy preparing for my music exam that was to come on the 26 June. In the midst of all this, I toiled hours at a time practicing the same song over and over again. I can tell you it's not a pleasant experience, cause I never found the exam pieces very musical or inspirational, the first time I listened to it I thought it was for children to hear or something. It was bizzare!

But anyhow, I have to force myself to upload on my Mp3 player, and listen to it at least a hundred times to get comfortable with what I was going to play. It was mighty painful painful painful, cause I love improvisation, and playing things that requires an input of feel, especially with praise and worship. You guys probably won't know, but I would cry as I minister to the Lord. Drums is not NOISE, like some drum teacher once said otherwise, but in reality it is an instrument that draws and creates an atmosphere for a band to go even further. And I'm aware of that important role. Bad drummer = bad band. It's that simple.

And so, I created myself a platform for the examiner that day, and I prayed and prayed not just for favour, that I may draw down the presence of God with my music. I was nervous man, I couldn't stop smiling, it was like a mask, I knew this was important. It could be the beginning of a new career.


I did stumble...bits and pieces here and there... to my dismay.

I did the best I've could.

I was in a blank for a while..

I wanted to know how I did.

The examiner: " Don't worry too much about it." I dunno what that means..

And so with that statment the examiner left me hanging on my own tree until
2 weeks later... and I receive a letter as I came back from Pagalang. Somehow my heart wasn't pounding, though it was full of expectancy. Strange when u are hoping like mad.

I collected my results after what seemed like an eternal bus ride to Orchard.

79/100.. A pass with merit......!!

Seriously, I still cannot believe it. I never taken any drum grade exams before. This was my first. This is a mighty miracle, not because of how good I am. I have a lot of favour from The Boss up there in heaven too, things I thought I flop I've made it!! Woohoo!

And so, I've got my Grade 8 in drum kit! So many of my doors with that, and I'm so thankful.

And so, the quest for understand some basic music theory begins, and beginning with Eigene's post on chord progession, I have not a single idea what she's talking about. But I'm sure it sounds nice. Ha.

And of course.. there are bitter times... which I will post it up again soon. Hehe, Lynnette, I know you're been wanting me to keep this blog updated. Yeah!

Gabriel


No comments:

Web Site Counters
Rent Movie Online